Tascam "user supported" forum active?

8trx

Gear owned
I registered with another forum and have not gotten a reply or access? It is NOT tascam operated forum but instead user run ....charges a 4 dollar fee. Does anyone know if it is a scam or is it legitimate ?

This site is the one I'm referring to

tascamforums.co

That site is abandoned, and the current owner is not affiliated with us. Our forum is the only site with an active TASCAM user community.

Yeah thought so. The other user member operated one took my 4 dollars no replies at all.

He unfortunately passed away a few years ago..

As nice as this one looks, it is not operated by Tascam... This is the reboot of the now-dead forum you unfortunately encountered first. Glad you found us!

Reactions: Pedro Fernandes
There is no offcicial one, and with sometimes a Tascam developer taking part in the subjects here, this site is the closest thing.. And a great resource and friendly community anyway.

Roger that. Our resident Tascam engineer (forum name: RedBus) provides more usable information than I've seen on most "official" sites. You've come to the right place.

Can I ask questions here regarding a tascam multitrack that's outdated?

Yep, ask away in the Analog section.

I can't believe that old copy of the site is still alive and taking money, grrrr. Is it still Terry collecting it I wonder? I got quite upset when that all went down and removed all the awesome docs (if I do say so myself) that I once contributed to it when Dr Who was still running things ... so glad that this one is alive and well.

Supposedly it's a person named Igor who claims to be drwho's assistant. At some point he said he would get in touch with us and let us have the old database so we could merge it into this forum, but it turned out to be an empty promise.

Ya it still seems like whoever it is is milking it for $4 per pop and they don't want to give that up. Such a shame. Oh well, we'll just keep using this place instead! Just bugs me to see people fall into that trap and pay the $4 only to find out that it's kind of a dead end. At least you got the good domain name.

If they are charging $4.00 for a site that has no activity then that is fraud and they need to be shut down.
On the Tascam people question, there are a few of us out there. As to their being an Engineer from Tascam is he from Japan? I was a Lead Tech in Chicago (Factory Service) and I openly help people to my ability even world wide. This site is great with it's focus on Tascam as we can see but there are other sites one can gain help at and one of them is Tapeheads.net. They have over 18,000 person there that are involved with tape. If you have analog Teac or Tascam questions I will offer my assistance where I can- of course I do not sit here all day long as I am working a shop pretty much by myself- I have to work a 42OB and a 58 next.

That is great to have that kind of support from him. I am weak on digital line of equipment as I have spent most of my time on past products. Of course I do have some experience with SD cards as I installed equipment at Radio Stations that used them but I do not have the exposure to digital that I did with 40 years of reel to reel and cassette equipment- I am sure to learn from RedBus.
No one has arrived and I still learn every day so more help is always a plus.

Supposedly it's a person named Igor who claims to be drwho's assistant. At some point he said he would get in touch with us and let us have the old database so we could merge it into this forum, but it turned out to be an empty promise.

Not surprised...I was very active on that forum, and remember when Bruce's (Dr Who) illness was progressing, and Terry stepped up to try and keep things going. I don't remember anyone named Igor being prominent in the lineup back then, or being actively involved with trying to keep the forum active in Bruce's absence.
To this day, I still cover my DP-24 with the vinyl cover that Bruce had made and offered for the 2488 back then, to keep dust out of the faders when I'm not using it. I was very glad to see this rebirth of the forum as well.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.