Time remaining on SD card - DP-008 EX

dad roadie

Gear owned
Tascam DP 008EX Tascam
To all,
Can anyone that owns one of these advise me if there is a way to tell how much recording time is left on the card? I know my DR-05 can do this. I've read through the manual and didn't see it anywhere but I probably missed it somewhere.
I hope I didn't make an error in purchasing this unit. I bought it because it was described as being easy to use. I haven't found that to be the case at all. I'm hoping that it's just a learning curve . I'm use to digging through sub menus. My Boss BR532 (the unit the Tascam is replacing) and my DRo5 have them. There just seems to be a iot more digging involved.
Can I go directly out of the line out jacks from the DP-008 to another analog unit and bypass the computer?
The part on transferring a completed song (or master) to the computer though the USB is very confusing.
Again any help for a new be would be greatly appreciated!
Tascam customer service haven't been much help but they may be busy.

Thanks in advance to anyone that takes the time to answer.
All the Best!
Dad Roadie

The time information you seek is on the Information pages... check page 66 of your manual.

Yes, you can record from the Line Out jacks. Put the unit in Master Play mode and let 'er rip.

You didn't make a mistake in buying the unit. Your mistake was only in assuming that skimming the manual was enough. Read it, section by section, performing each function in order, until you get all the way through.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply and the answers.
Your right about the manual. I'm just going to need to take it a chapter at a time .
Dad Roadie

New threads

Members online