Transferring from Tascam to Computer

Charlie Wiener

Gear owned
Tascam DP 008 EX
I have recorded something on my Tascam and now would like to just move the file to my computer instead of real timing it but the computer cannot find the file. What did I screw up? I mean I can real time it but, c'mon. Any ideas what I am doing wrong

First, you need to mention what your 'Tascam' is. Second, you may have more success by placing the question in the specific section for that Tascam.

You could be lucky here too, but you'll at least have to say which Tascam it is.

OK, I'm sorry been a little wacky lately and not doing things right, yes, it is a DP 008 EX I have connected the USB and the computer says it's there but can't see any files. And when it is connected I have no control of the recorder but will play with it more today

Thank you guys, think I might have this worked out, just a few more steps than I thought would be necessary. Was trying to use the Tascam as an external hard drive but needed to master and save differently than I thought. Live and learn

I would suggest reading about song management and creating a new song then song back-up and restoration then track import and export and then exporting a stereo master track. This should give you a grasp on the different choices of song management and where to find them on the computer. Hope this helps.

New threads

Members online