Two DM3200's as a control surface

The guy's name was Lou Stonehill. He's got a HELL of a studio setup, with a pair of cascaded 4800s. If someone knows how to get in touch with him on this question, or if he's reading this, some experienced input would be, as you would say, Brilliant.
Here's his You Tube Studio Tour. Go to 5mins in for the good stuff...

Yes!! That's the YouTube channel I was looking for. A quick google turns up his contact info here: http://loustonehill.com/lou_stonehill_contact.html

Jamsire: you obviously are a wizard with these consoles and you have generously given this expertise to others on this forum countless times. I mean no disrespect. But I didn't see an answer to my question. I just saw you explaining why I wouldn't need two consoles because of the bank button. No offense to you is implied. If I sound frustrated it's because the window on this insanely cheap console is closing and I want to know it will work before I waste dough. I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Cascaded DM3200s or DM-4800s work great as a monster controller.
You'll need the V1.72 beta firmware off the early-access webpage to fix a bug with layer changing, and a cascade cable.
Unfortunately, the cascade cable is not available from TASCAM anymore, and I've not been able to find any in stock anywhere.

Reactions: captdan
Would you believe I saw a cascade cable on eBay a few weeks ago.... You could always get one custom made (or do it yourself if you like soldering).

Good info RedBus

Cascade cable wiring diagram. Not easy to do right.
The twist pairs are important for the audio connection to work reliably.
If anyone is serious, PM me for a better pdf.

Attachments

• DM Cascade cable PW1000CS.PDF
    102.4 KB · Views: 27

New threads

Members online

No members online now.