Upgrading to El capitan, Beta site down?

Carl Simmonds

Gear owned
Dm4800
Hi, I'm really new to this and I'm hoping someone can help.
I need to upgrade my Mac OS from mountain lion to El Capitan.(running on a 2010, 6 core, 3.44 mac pro) DM4800 with If/fw mk11 firewire card
I've been trying to access the beta site without any luck (looks like it's permanently down)
I've checked my DM4800 and it's running firmware 1.70
the FW card is saying- 1.10 build 188685
I've downloaded the El Capitan driver from the main Tascam site.(I guess this is the 1.30f10 file that members on here talk about.)
I need to know if it will work with the current DM firmware, or will I need the 1.72b4 file which I can't find? If so, is there somewhere else I can download it. All the files on the Tascam site seem to be 1.70 or older.
Also do I need anything else "firmware-wise"
Thank you in advance for anyone's help in this matter.
System is running perfectly at the moment ,so updating this scares me to death, but I need to update Kontakt 5 to an up to date version(5.7), so it looks like I have no option. Would it be better to go straight to High Sierra, or am I better settling for El Capitan at the moment?
Thank you in advance

I skipped over El Capitan and went straight from Yosemite to Sierra. I'm just using the stock drivers from the Tascam site and I have had zero problems with the DM4800/FW running Logic. If you search on this site I think you will find more specific info about Sierra and High Sierra results.

Reactions: Peter Batah
Thanks for the info. Glad to hear it does work . Did you update the OS first,and then the new drivers/firmware, or doesn't it make any difference?

I installed Sierra on a new drive from scratch, then updated the DM software from the Tascam site. I'm still running an older version of Logic on another drive with Yosemite, just as sort of a back up, although I've never needed it. Frankly I've always had more trouble on Yosemite than Sierra; I've never had a single hiccup on Sierra.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.