US-122 Mk2 - MIDI input issues

OP123

Gear owned
Tascam US-122 Mk2
Hi

I'm having a problem getting a MIDI controller to work. It's a little beginner-type keyboard, a Yamaha PSR140, but it has MIDI In and Outs, so I'm assuming it can be used as a controller!

I plug the MIDI Out from the keyboard into the MIDI In on my US-122 Mk2, which is then connected to my Windows 10 laptop via USB. My DAW (Reaper) is recognising the US-122 as a MIDI input device.

However, there is no signal being picked up by Reaper, nor any external software I've used, which leads me to believe there is a signal issue somewhere around the keyboard/interface stage. When the keyboard is plugged in and turned on, the MIDI In light on the US-122 flashes, and goes solid when a key is pressed. However, this light is red, and I can't find any definitive info as to whether it should be red or not - vague recollection of my personal experience, with the USB light at least, is that it is red if there is a problem, otherwise it is green. It has been a while since I've had any problems with it, so I could be remembering wrong.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

New threads

Members online