US-16X08 Center Channel Plays Through Only Left Speaker

Shaun Ketterman

Gear owned
US-16x08
Hello All,

As the title suggests, I'm having this issue with my US-16X08.

To get the data portion out of the way:

-Windows 10 Pro x64
-Signal Path: PC --> USB into TASCAM --> 1/4" Balanced Main L/R Output into Yamaha HS-7s w/ NS-10M subwoofer.

I've never used this device with an OS other than Windows 10, so I don't know if it would have the same symptoms as Win 7, but I have poked around the forums enough to learn that lots of people are having issues with Win 10.

With that said, the fist thing I want to tackle is the 'Playback Devices' section of Windows. If I open that up, choose the TASCAM, and click "Configure", the only option I have to choose there is a 7.1 system, which I do not have. I'm using a 2.1, so I think that *may* have something do to with it. Clicking "next" brings up the "Customize Your Configuration" screen. Normally I would have only the subwoofer box checked, but that doesnt work. I've tried pretty much every combination of checked boxes here, and no matter what I do, my center channel comes out of only my left speaker.

One more thing in this section - On the 'Choose Your Configuration" screen, you have the option to Test your speaker setup, where a tone will come out of each speaker sequentially. If I do this while monitoring the TASCAM settings panel, under the "Mixer" tab, when windows plays the Center channel tone, only the Left meter under the MASTER L/R shows any processing, so somewhere, somehow, the center channel is being filtered to only my left channel, as far as I can see here. Interestingly, but not as big an issue for me, is when I do this test, the subwoofer tone comes out of only the RIGHT channel. Using a pair of headphones confirms all of the above without a doubt.

Going back to the "Playback Devices" window, if I click on "Properties", then the "Levels" tab, and click on "Balance", I've tried muting all the speakers I dont have (there is no actual balance slider, just a slider for each channel in the 7.1 setup)

Moving to the settings panel, and clicking on the "Output Settings" tab. I simply have the 'default' setup as it installed. Line Out 1 - Master L, Line Out 2 - Master R, and then Line Outs 3-8 are Computer 3-8, respectively. I've spent a LOT of time here, changing all the odds to Master L and all the evens to Master R, nothing works. I've tried swapping my cables around on my speakers and subwoofer, I've tried 2 or 3 different USB ports now (all are mobo ports, none are a hub), I've tried USB 2.0, 3.0, etc. Same result every time. FWIW, the Scarlett 2i2 that I replaced with this thing played back perfectly.

Anyways, this is too lengthy already, but I figured the more info the better. Any assistance would be *greatly* appreciated! Thanks for reading,

Shaun

Hi, did you solve it? If not , to understand your problem, how do you have connected your monitors? (I understand you have two hs 7 and one ns10, so you need three output channels) .

Yes I'm stuck with the same problem, only I don't use Surround. I Use Stereo, but still it only gives me 7.1 option :(

New threads

Members online

No members online now.