US 16x08 Problem Windows

Enigma136

Gear owned
US 16-08
Hello!

I just have been using TASCAM US 16-08 for a few days and then an issue came up. First I didn't notice it and i think it's unimportant what i've came through to notice it, but then in turned out that
When you open Settings for audio devices in Windows 10
Click on the Dynamics (US 16x08)
And attempt to tune it to choose audio layout (like Stereo 2.0, Surround, Mono)

It only gives me Surround 7.1
You can see it on the left picure. It just doesn't give other options.

Intstalled ASIO4All, Deleted latest driver 1.04 and installed 1.03 then returned to the 1.04, checked connections, even in disconnected state (only USB in) it gives the same thing.

I have another sound interface (T.C. electronic desktop konnekt 6) and I just checked: if I plug it in and open Settings in Windows it gives me all the stuff (Stereo, Mono, 5.1 and 7.1)...

So please can you help me to solve this problem, cause really it's a glitch that i'm not the only one to be happy with.
Screen1.jpg

Reactions: Basti L.
Not sure if it's a "glitch" or not. I see the same even with the new v2.0 driver installed. What I also see is an added "US-16x08 Mixer" (WDM) under Playback devices. That one shows only a 2-speaker option. That said...

I have zero issues using the lower latency ASIO "US-16x08" Playback device with my 2-speaker mains setup.

I think it just allows you to use UP TO 7.1 playback, that is, it make all of it's 8 Line Outs available to Windows. If you don't send audio to anything but Line Outs 1-2 (Mains), you'll get 2-channel playback.

I'd suggest installing the v2 driver update and just (rock and) roll with it!

Reactions: Enigma136
It Seems that TASCAM are listening indeed. Just a week ago they released a new driver and panel for Windows. And now everything is fine. In Windows it shows only option Stereo. Thank you #Tascam !!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.