US-16x08 Settings Panel v2.10 Update Fails

vtgearhead

Gear owned
US-16x08 DR-40
This is annoying. When I started settings panel 2.00 it informed me of a 2.10 update. I went ahead with it, only to have the installation fail on a couple of busy files after a VERY slow download. I could not figure out where it had put the downloaded file, so I went to Tascam's web site to download it again. Unfortunately, v2.10 is not listed there! Any ideas for actually getting this update installed would be much appreciated.

Update: Tried starting the update again from inside v2.00. This time around it appeared to complete the download but never started the installation. After considerable hunting I cannot find where it is putting the download. Seems like something broken with the upgrade process.

Last edited:
I get the impression that no one official at Tascam monitors this forum. At any rate, I was able to find the download. Here's the basic idea: Start the upgrade process from within the settings panel. There are two possibilities when the download completes: (a) it will sit and do nothing or (b) it will attempt to install and fail on busy files. Leave it sitting wherever it is and do not click any buttons or exit the program.

At a command prompt, go to the home directory for whichever user you were running as when you attempted the install. Change into the hidden 'AppData\Roaming\TASCAM' directory (you won't see it, but can cd into it). The update EXE file will be sitting in there. Copy it out to a "normal" location (like your Downloads directory). Then, tell the update dialog to "Cancel" if it hit the busy file problem or exit settings panel if it was doing nothing.

Next, unplug the 16x08 if present and un-install your current settings panel using the standard windows dialog. When complete, restart the computer and run the EXE file you put aside. Now it should run to completion without problems.

Why TASCAM doesn't simply make this upgrade file available for direct download is a mystery.

It's actually started downloading just fine on it's own now, and installs just fine. But it seems to just be installing 2.00 again. When I start the program again, it again asks me if I want to download 2.10. And the loop continues.

Having similar issues here. The update installed fine on my laptop a few days ago, but today when trying to update my desktop it appears to download the file ok but then nothing happens. Looking at the AppData\Roaming\TASCAM directory the only file showing up there is the settings.ini file for the US-16x08.

I get the impression that no one official at Tascam monitors this forum. At any rate, I was able to find the download. Here's the basic idea: Start the upgrade process from within the settings panel. There are two possibilities when the download completes: (a) it will sit and do nothing or (b) it will attempt to install and fail on busy files. Leave it sitting wherever it is and do not click any buttons or exit the program.

At a command prompt, go to the home directory for whichever user you were running as when you attempted the install. Change into the hidden 'AppData\Roaming\TASCAM' directory (you won't see it, but can cd into it). The update EXE file will be sitting in there. Copy it out to a "normal" location (like your Downloads directory). Then, tell the update dialog to "Cancel" if it hit the busy file problem or exit settings panel if it was doing nothing.

Next, unplug the 16x08 if present and un-install your current settings panel using the standard windows dialog. When complete, restart the computer and run the EXE file you put aside. Now it should run to completion without problems.

Why TASCAM doesn't simply make this upgrade file available for direct download is a mystery.
I tried this but it wasn't in the the folder :( Any chance you could upload it?

If anybody else is having this problem I found a way to fix it.
Try and do the update and mark what time you tried. This will help you find the file later on.

You have to change your folder setting to see hidden folders on your computer to locate appdata.

Go to C:\User\(ur user name)\appdata\local\temp

There you'll find a folder named..." US-16x08_settingspanel- with random letters. Select the one closes to the time you tried to update it. (If there's more then 1 file)
Inside that there's a EXE file named temp.

New threads

Members online