US 1800 stops recording after loud sounds

Jairo Rosa

Gear owned
US-1800
Hello.

I have an US 1800 and it is plugged in at USB 2.0 port of a Samsung Laptop (Core i7 / Windows 8.1 / 8GB RAM). The first 10 channels are being used for capturing a live acoustic drum. The problem occurs when I played it a little bit loud (mainly cymbals and kick drum simultaneously). The DAW (I have already used Audition and I am currently using Sonar) stops recording or the channels loose the sync. Sometimes, the Sonar shows a message saying that occured an error in the device driver or it only stops registering the audio (but not interrupts the record session). There is no tracks with audio clipping.

Could you please give some help ? It´s a very annoying situation since I will notice the problem only after the record sessions is finished (during the playback).

Thanks!
Jairo.

Not sure if playing loud would stop the recording. In device manager, make sure your USB port's power management is turned off.

I have the US-1800 and Sonar and record drums with it - no problem.

How do you mean, it loses sync?

What I am thinking is it could be mechanical vibration from your kit causing a poor contact somewhere to momentarily disconnect and reconnect.

This could be a faulty contact in the power supply, a USB connection becoming worn out (it happens) or a poor soldering joint in your 1800.

New threads

Members online