US 2x2 Issue

Jeff Irok

Gear owned
Tascam US 2x2
Hi folks -
My system: Windows 10 1709 Creators, Pentium E7 3.2GHz quad core.

I got a US 2x2 about 18 months ago and it's been working fine. I use it generally to work with one of my DAWs, and let the stock Windows audio driver. Back when I first installed the unit, I believe the driver was at 1.2. I set the Windows stock driver as the default, but still kept the US 2x2 enabled, and defaulted it for use by one of my DAWs or a soft synth, or something like that.

I recently updated the driver to the most recent available, version 2.1. My issue isn't that it doesn't work; it does. But even though I'm defining the Windows stock audio driver to be the default, like I did with the earlier version, when the PC boots up, the US 2x2 mixer driver winds up being the default audio driver, and not the Windows stock driver. Plus, I get a message saying the US 2x2 driver has been installed, and the driver settings dialog box pops up.

As I said, it still works fine, but I have to reconfigure my audio drivers every time I boot up, and close the driver settings. (Sadly, there's no parameter in the settings that allow me to fix everything permanently.)

Am I missing something? I'm certain it shouldn't be functioning this way, but I'm at a loss to find where I can configure the driver so it doesn't in-do what I did.

I apologize if this has been brought up before; I did a search but didn't find anything.

Thanks for your help!

- Jeff

New threads

Members online