US-428 faders with wrong cc parameters?

emid

Gear owned
US-428
Hi,

New here :)

I've recently bought Cubase 9 (Windows 10 x 64bit) but have been using Tascam US-428 with my previous DAW, Reaper (x64), for long time without any known issues. I remember I managed to install the drivers etc in compatibility mode and there has been no issue so far.

So on Cubase 9 Pro, all US-428 rotary wheels, jog wheel etc are working correctly except for solo button which isn't soloing channels. But the most important issue is, faders are transmitting wrong midi messages. Like the first fader, instead of increasing or decreasing the volume of the channel, increasing the sustain values (cc64). Second exhibiting portamento (cc65), third sostenuto (cc66), forth soft pedal (cc67), sixth hold (cc69), seventh control change (cc??), and eight harmonic content (cc71). Also, the solo button although lit but not responding.

As you see faders are assigned in series, cc64 and onwards. I don't want to unassign them to have them learn a new midi cc value as I fear I'll loose other factory settings that are working fine --- well almost! I understand, this is an old unit and not supported but if any one could help me sort this issue out, I'll be really thankful. I also didn't find anything in the manual for resetting parameters to factory values or troubleshooting.

Please let me know what should I do to get it working. Any help will be highly appreciated!

Many thanks.
-emid

Any thoughts guys? :)
Other thing is I was wrong about solo. It's working :)
Only faders are sending wrong CC values now. Apart from that great old product.
Will appreciate any help.
Thanks.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.