US16x08 Inputs Output in windows problem

quentin papot

Gear owned
US16x08
Hello

I just bought a US16x08, I need to make it work with a special software ( not musical related) that works only with Windows Input and output ( no ASIO support).

Problem is the US16x08 is recognized as One sound card, and One microphone in Windows, i need to have 16 line-in and 8 speakers Out instead of.

I am running Win7 Pro X64, Any chance to make it work this way ? Any software that can do that ?

Thanks you for your help,

Best regards.

The US-16x08 driver supports ALL of Windows audio modes, from the ancient MME to ASIO. MME and WASAPI are built on top of WDM-KS (kernel streaming), so WDM will have to lowest latency, except for ASIO.

What Windows decides to do with the US-16x08 is its business, and depends on what audio mode you're running Windows in. For example, I have mine running in ASIO mode, but I still can't define more than one Mic and one speaker pair. I have a mice plugged into Input 1, and Windows sees that. I have my monitors plugged into the mains (Line Out 1-2), and I hear audio.

You don't say what software package you're attempting/want to use, but it's up to that software to define the US-16x08 inputs and outputs. As a test, I brought up Reaper and checked the Audio configuration section. That's where i/o is defined, based on the driver mode selected.

So...if your app does NOT offer you the option to configure the audio i/o, then you need to do some noodling.

Any chance you can describe what you're trying to accomplish, and with what current app?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.