USB Interface glitches or stops working completly

keengently

Gear owned
Model 12, 2x2 HR
I got the Model 12 yesterday and haven't had more than an hour of problem-free time with it since.

I first of all connected the USB C cable to my KVM switch because I'm using a MacBook and a Windows PC at my workstation. The first hour no problems, switching went smoothly but then problems started. After a switch back to Windows the USB connection has not been established. I thought it might be because of the KVM so I restarted the Model 12 which brought it back to work again. After having this issue a few times more afterward I decided to connect the Model 12 to a USB hub directly connected to my Windows PC. Problems still occurred plus I now also get audio glitches / bit crushed sounding audio from the PC. So I used the very short very cheap USB C cable that comes with the devices and hooked it up directly. But still, both problems occur. After a while, the audio interface just stops transmitting audio to the model 12. The driver is still selectable in Windows, but switching from and back to it does nothing, I even had it not working after rebooting the Model 12. I also tried changing the mixer routing internally and switch between several settings but it doesn't seem to do anything regarding this issue.
Is the unit faulty or am I missing something here?

Welcome to the show...
Sorry to hear about your out-of-the-box troubles with your new '12.
But I'm willing to bet a bag of pucks that your array of problems has everything to do with your 'arrangement' of connections.
Perhaps you might increase your chances of successful connections by using one or the other of your 'puters, connected in standard/recommended manner, and maybe even using better quality cables.
Good luck -

Reactions: Mark Richards

New threads

Members online

No members online now.