Using DM3200 effects

I see what you're saying. But there are differences in the behavior of various types (or should I say 'edits') between a dual mono 'verb and a stereo version. Elements like early reflections tend to behave differently in a mono version compared to its stereo counterpart - depending on room size, I/R, etc etc. Whether one chooses a mono or stereo version depends on a lot of other factors going on in the mix. Perhaps a mono choice is desirable because the stereo version crowds the sound stage or conflicts with another source, etc etc. Then there's the shortage of efx auxes on the DM3200 - as you mentioned earlier.

I generally adjust the returns (physical faders) in an automated mix to control some of those issues, along with the channel aux sends (virtual 'dials' in the Setup screen) on individual tracks. So maybe we're saying essentially the same thing using different terms. :)

Or - maybe not. I'll keep it all in mind on the next mix I do - just to see if I missed something. (Gee! THAT never happens. :) ).

CaptDan

Reactions: Peter Batah

New threads

Members online

No members online now.