Using effects on DP 24SD

tanstaafl49

From
Macclesfield UK
Website
www.arthurmarshall.co.uk
Gear owned
DR24SD studio
Can someone save my sanity, as the manual has me baffled?
I'm trying to get some reverb on a vocal as I record it. Somehow I seem to have managed to switched delay on, although all the "effect" switches say they're off and I now can't get rid of it, as I want reverb, not delay.
It also seems to make no difference to the delay parameters whatever I twiddle in the "Effects" area, nor does it if I switch them on or off, nor do the effect knobs have any effect. It disappears if switch off the "Inserrt Effect" on the mixer screen, but I still can't replace it with Reverb.
If it's relevant, I have used Chorus on a guitar track.

I've just moved from a Boss machine , so I'm fairly used to studios, but this has me totally confused.

May I recommend that you follow the link below, start at the top and work your way through the tutorials. Watch closely and refer to the block diagram and you will soon be a master of this machine. It is well worth the time if you want to be comfortable and get the most out of the Tascam DP.

If something is still not clear - come on back here and someone will almost certainly step up to help.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLI2uGjCObnySgNrQyJmlcQpQaUdgBdW6l

I tried to delete the original post as I had just found the videos. Brilliant stuff. Not sure I'll ever be a master but I've got one recording done though I'll bin it and start again! Deadline's Friday...
I've also ordered his guide as he original manual is, apart from the block diagram, totally unhelpful.

Reactions: David Porter
Oh good. Glad you found the tutorials. If you find them as useful as everyone else seems to - remember that Phil put a lot of time and energy into those and does accept donations for his trouble - he provides the email address for his PayPal account if you are so inclined.

Back to your original post:

Keep in mind that you can listen/monitor your "effected" vocals while recording - but the effect will not be recorded (only the dry vocal will be recorded). The easiest way to do this is to record the vocal take - then bounce it while adding the effect. I believe it covers this in the Tipping manual.

New threads

Members online