Using Reverb on specific tracks

Loxkkeeper

Gear owned
DP24SD
Hi, relative newbie here.
I use the Tascam Dp24sd for my own amusement, recording backing tracks onto tracks 1 and 2, simultaneously recording vocals onto tracks 3 and 4.
I know how to set reverb but I only want to apply the reverb to the vocals tracks, not tracks 1 and 2. I’ve tried to work through the manual but I must admit, at my age I find it somewhat complicated.
Can anyone help (in newbie language!!)
Thanks in advance.

Send 1 is hard-wired to the internal FX. Make sure that you only have Send 1 turned up on the tracks you want.

Reactions: dctdct
Do yourself a favor and buy Phil's guide for the Tascam 24/32 SDs. You can thank me -- and him -- later.
I concur. Bought it one week after getting my DP-24. It was a revelation for a deep understanding of the DP workflow from input to track recording to mixdown to mastering.
Several YT videos are also not to be sneezed at. I recommend those from Phil
and those from Powercoat.

another advocate for Phil Tipping's Step by Step Guide and his video tutorials.

Do yourself a favour.

Reactions: -mjk-
Thanks everybody for your help and recommendations.
I hate to play the “poor old me” card, but being on a low pension and with the current cost of energy and cost of living, I’m afraid every penny is spoken for. I will though go through the YouTube videos you have recommended.
Again, thanks for your help.

I hate to play the “poor old me” card, but being on a low pension and with the current cost of energy and cost of living...

David Porter said:
Loxkkeeper - I would be happy to cover the cost of the Tipping guide. If you find that acceptable - please put your email address here or send it to me in a private message and I will arrange it.
Cheers!

Wow, at this festive (it's supposed to be...) time of year, that very generous offer reaffirms my Faith in humanity!

Kudos' to David for being a class act with a heart!

I hope his offer is accepted.

Old No7

Wow!! Kindness and consideration isnt dead. I really appreciate the exceptionally kind offers.
However, this substantial increase in the cost of living is affecting everybody, including your kind selves. Consequently, I would feel very much as if I was 'begging' by accepting your kind offer, and from people who probably have their own problems.
So, as much as I appreciate the offers, my foolish pride would prohibit me from accepting. In all my nearly 77 years i've always tried to rely on myself without imposing upon other people.
Therefore I would most respectfully decline your kind offers.
Thanks again.

Reactions: Findlay
Also MJK, thanks for your tip re SEND1, I've tried that and it does the job fine.
Thank you again.

Reactions: -mjk-
Wow!! Kindness and consideration isnt dead. I really appreciate the exceptionally kind offers.
However, this substantial increase in the cost of living is affecting everybody, including your kind selves. Consequently, I would feel very much as if I was 'begging' by accepting your kind offer, and from people who probably have their own problems.
So, as much as I appreciate the offers, my foolish pride would prohibit me from accepting. In all my nearly 77 years i've always tried to rely on myself without imposing upon other people.
Therefore I would most respectfully decline your kind offers.
Thanks again.

Fair enough, friend. The offer stands should you change your mind.;)

New threads

Members online