Where To Buy Reliable SD Cards for my DP-24!

Dave Zippi

-Can anybody recommend a reliable place to purchase "San Disk Extreme Pro SDHC UHS-1" Cards with 32 GB for my DP-24?

-Many Thanks!
-Dave

They're EVERYwhere. Even on ebay. Try "google"ing it.

One thing: there's counterfeits on the market, so be sure you're getting genuine - I usually email to ask. New in original packaging is usually good enough - just don't buy from sellers (usually ebay et al) who offer them at great prices, but are "open box", "seller refurb", "not in original packaging", yada.

There's SO many out there that are legit, and good prices, that there's no need to save a few cents per piece.

Personally, I use UHS-II - they're pretty pricey, but MEGA high-speed, which - while argued about far and wide (even here on the forum - search it), I feel they offer benefits.
But there's nothing like getting 32GB for $14 either...:rolleyes:

Reactions: Dave Zippi
Hey Shredd,

-Thanks so much for sharing your SD Card experience & insight with me as well as your warning about "counterfeits" on the market.

-I own only 2 "San Disk Extreme Pro SDHC UHS-1" Cards with 32 GBs & write-speed of 95 MBs. I'm thinking that it's time to acquire a few more since I own the older DP-24 with CD-Burning capabilities. I've noticed a number of stores aren't carrying this exact card anymore.

-I'm more of a musician than a recording engineer so here's One Last Question:

-Will the "San Disk Extreme Pro SDHC UHS-1" Cards with 32 GB but with a Write-Speed of 100 MB work as well for me on my DP-24 as the cards with a Write-Speed of 95?

-Once again, Thanks!

-Dave

Reactions: shredd
Hi @Dave Zippi -
Getting some more SD cards is a very good idea, for a number of reasons that've been pointed out in numerous threads here. Use search.

I also am not an engineer - nor have I done a "Pepsi Challenge" with the 95-vs-100Mb/sec SD cards you mentioned. I did think it was odd that there are SD cards of the same brand, "model", etc that have 95 vs 100 speed...I'd suspect it has something to do with design changes over the life of production...when they 'boosted' the cards' speed to 100, it was surely a good marketing/psychological plateau.
It's also likely that someone here has run them head-to-head to gauge performance...but I'd venture a guess they're nearly the same. That's something you could search for here, or on google.

I use the UHS-II's - they have read/write speeds of "up to" 300Mb/sec...the value of this also has been debated heavily here at the forum...my take is that even if it doesn't speed up the DP's internal operations while recording, editing, etc - it's likely that at least, it's faster when transferring data w/a computer, whether via the DP's USB connection, or with the card IN the puter. The "con" side is that they cost 3-4x as much, but aren't faster-enough to merit the cost...

Anyway - hope that helps.
PS - I also have and love a mint-condition "OG" DP-32, with MIDI/CD features. Great unit, and took me YEARS to find one (I wouldn't touch a DP-xxSD with a hazmat suit on!).

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave Zippi

New threads

Members online