Will There Be Another Tascam Digital Portastudio?

Will There Be Another Tascam Digital Portastudio?

• Total voters
And the answer seems to be … yes

and by the way; WOW.
and Woohoo!

Now - what will it cost?

Phil is going to have his hands full on this one:LOL:

It doesn't really have audio editing capabilities yet., But from what I hear (rumors only so far), audio editing and other Portastudio type functionality can be added through software updateso_O

ive done a bit more research and the design is growing on me - as mjk said, it does take some of the behringer/wing features like dante, madi and sd recording via expansion slot, mono or stereo channel selection, etc., and it also improves on presonus’ improvements in the studiolive series III, providing per-channel aux pre/post control (which i am pretty ruthless about).

imho the use of comparatively fragile interfaces like touch screens are to me an indication of a degree of planned obsolescence. screens are fragile enough, to say nothing of touchscreens that take the most contact of any component on the mixer in software-heavy designs like some modern consoles. One need only look at the lined screens of the DM series as an example. If they had put an external HDMI output on it, i would be even more impressed :) 2seemystudioview?

I wish they would do the Tascam DP-32SD with 16 or 24 XLR inputs and keep the same Mixdown and Mastering functions. Or, I suppose the Model 16 or 24 with the Mixdown and Mastering functions would do it

Reactions: NikMuso and shredd
Tascam DP-32SD with 16 or 24 XLR inputs
I actually love this idea. Even with 16, I could completely eliminate my mixer from my studio setup and the DP would be the core of the system.
BUT: of course, the mixer does offer more routing options/config's than the DP does (more AUX sends, and also has incredible KlarkTeknik internal FX...maybe they should build some of THAT into the DP).
But these things would sort of push the DP-xx out of the class/category it occupies, and competing against other/more sophisticated gear (with accompanying cost!).

My $0.02:
The P/Studio is a fantastic concept that brought (reasonably) sophisticated recording features/capabilities to an entry-level category of musicians (which I was at the time, and basically still am!). My 2488neo/DP-32 MTR's are not a DMxxxx...but are also light-years beyond the Fostex MR-8 I started out with.
Shockingly, I never used any of the tape-based units...despite being old enough to remember when recorded music was a marvelous technological accomplishment...:p:rolleyes:

Last edited:

New threads

Members online