Will this work on my DP32SD ?

BazzBass

Soundaholic
From
Down Under
Gear owned
DP32SD, 2488, DR40
we have banished the drummer to another room to rid his ekit drum blats coming through the vocal mics

with this trio I have 5 inputs going into 8 tracks , Gtr, Bass , Vox to stereo 11/12, Drums stereo to 5/6 and 9/10

What I'd like to do I use a mic into one of the three spare inputs just for the drummer to talk to us, not to record it.

will this work? I think it might.

thanks in advance, if anyone has tried something similar

or else I'll have an answer next Monday hehe

I'm probably the LAST person on this forum to be giving advice - most of these guyz are rebuilding motherboards, and I spend afternoons trying to figure out signal routing...:oops:

BUT: what if you do NOT assign the drummer's "talk" mic input to record to a channel, but (at the bottom of the "assign" screen) enable it to run to the Stereo Bus (or whatever you're listening to/monitoring)? Wouldn't that do it - it won't record anywhere (unless he talks over a recording take), but you'll hear him through that mic, whether you're recording or not?

IF this works - let me know. I need the ego boost. It's a bummer being stewpyd when you're a musician!!!:confused:

Yes, BazzBass. See the Production Tip on using the stereo bus.

Good call, shredd.:)

Last edited:
good call @shredd , ....:D

but in my defense your honour, I DID say this 'What I'd like to do (is) use a mic into one of the three spare inputs just for the drummer to talk to us, not to record it.'

However, for someone who is allegedly 'routing challenged' you showed sound reasoning (geddit?) and the advice to send the input to the stereo buss suggests you aren't THAT challenged hehe. Maybe between us we will figure this beast out hehe

thanks for confirming Mark, and pointing to the info :)

as I say, it's the wisdom on here from yourself, @-mjk-, @Phil Tipping, @Arjan P and others that made me decide on the DP32SD

thank you all

New threads

Members online

No members online now.