Wiring set-up for DP24 external effects

Marty335

From
Southeast Wisconsin, USA
Gear owned
DP24 DR40 US600
Hi folks...
Once again, the "external effects" issue raises it's ugly head... I'm really hoping that someone will be able to answer (what is most likely) a ridiculously simple question!

I understand that to utilize externals, you generally send the track you wish to affect to the external "box", via the Eff.2 send and then take the return from the external "box" and assign it to a "new" track, tweaking all the necessary parameters as desired/necessary. However, as I understand it, the Eff. Send jacks utilize a TRS connector (thereby creating the need for "Y" cables TRS/TS). Is it necessary to use a TRS cable for the "box" input (ie: the connection from the Eff2 to the external box) and a simple TS from the "box" output to the "assigned" input??

I hope this makes some sort of sense. As I really began "playing" with recording with two track, 1/4" tape, I should be able to figure this out, but perhaps the years have "affected" me more than I realize!

Thanks for any assistance! Cheers!

Marty,

According to the manual (picture enclosed) the Eff outputs are unbalanced TS mono outputs. The inputs are balanced TRS but can be used with an unbalanced TS cable. An external box can be connected using TS cables.

Rgrds,

Jos

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: Marty335
Joe!
Joke is certainly on me...I've looked at that %&*^ diagram 100+ times and never read "TS" connectors! Agh, too much time "interpreting" manuals, I guess!
Thanks so very much for pointing out the error of my ways! :)

Have a terrific weekend!

No problem. I was't trying to point out the error. I know how easy it is to get lost in manuals like these (did it a zillion times, still doing it and will be doing it in the future) and on many occasions I got help from forums like this..

Have a nice weekend.
Grtz,

Jos

New threads

Staff online

Members online