Yosemite Issues with Logic Pro X and/or DM-4800?

Jonne B Goode

Gear owned
DM-4800
I have not upgraded to Yosemite on my iMac, because I have been concerned about possible issues running Logic Pro X DAW on my DM-4800.
Is anyone aware of issues in doing that? And, if so, what issues have you seen?
Thank you for any and all replies.

I know many using the most recent version of Logic X and 10.10.4 that get work done without major issues. Depending on what you do and how you use it, it could be smooth sailing.

If you have hesitation, do the smart thing and get/create an Ext HD with Yosemite to test and play with then update your main HD when your confident all is ok. You can also sign up for the the public Beta or OS X 10.11.0 El Capitan and test with that as well as it is expected to be released by year end.

Reactions: Jonne B Goode
Thank you, AudioWave. I appreciate your advice.
I need to figure out exactly how to do that, but it seems like a good way to go.
Thanks, again.

Good luck. It's pretty easy to do but a bit time consuming to get to the OS installed and then install your DAW/Music software. I won't bother to go over it here as it a Google search will get you the info you need. In OS X you can also select which is the default HD to boot from (as long as the external drive is connected) but you can also just choose which to boot from on every Mac power up. With one external HD you could partition it to have both Yosemite and El Capitan public Beta.

Reactions: Jonne B Goode
Hi Jonne,

I have Yosemite working no problem on my Mac Pro 12 core working with Logic X and the DM4800. I did make a clone HDD just to be safe but no issues what so ever.

Hi GaryJackson.....could you tell me which version of the IF-FW/DMMKII Driver you are using with Yeosemite, and Logic X.....?? thanx.

Hi GaryJackson.....could you tell me which version of the IF-FW/DMMKII Driver you are using with Yeosemite, and Logic X.....?? thanx.

Hey bigdee :) Wasn't sure if you were still kicking around on these forums or not ... the latest drivers are the beta ones from here (which work great with Yosemite on my DM-3200 and is what everyone is using on their 4800's):

https://dev.tascam-parc.com/parc_beta/

Username : iffwdm
Password : firefly

Hey bigdee those drivers above are the ones I am using. No drama with them. I will update to the new OSX soon but need to finish some album work first. I always upgrade in-between paying work as I live in fear of the day when I have to turn away paying work because my Mac and DM are not talking etc...

I hear ya brother......and I know exactly of which you speak.....:)

We got some fantastic assistance from a long time forum supporter last night. Our buddy Gerk came over and helped us set up a dual boot situation on our Mac Pro.

We can boot as normal, into Snow Leopard with Logic 9.....and everything is just like normal, or if we hold down the 'Option' key while booting, we can now boot into Yosemite...where we have now installed Logic X, and the newest IFFWDM drivers that you pointed me to.

Everything seems to be working smoothly......and so far we love it.

We'll keep ya posted on any drama.....:)

AudioWave & GaryJackson:
Thank you so much for your replies. I really appreciate it.
Sorry for delay in thanking you. Been crazy busy.
Take care.

Jonne,

Don't forget to reply and let us know if everything worked our for you so others may benefit from your efforts.

Absolutely, AudioWave:
Problem is: My life has been so crazy, that I haven't had time to try it yet. And now, Mac OS has been upgraded to El Capitan.
I tried to download Yosemite yesterday onto a separate hard drive, and apparently Apple doesn't offer that anymore.
Reading about issues with ElCapitan tells me to wait a little longer, and see what happens.
Thanks again for your wisdom and advise in this forum.

New threads

Staff online

Members online