24 bit only in Windows 11 sound panel

3rdEyeVizion

Gear owned
Tascam Model 12
Hi all,

I have a Tascam Model 12 I am trying to use in Windows 11 with Reason 12. I'm trying to run as my main sound card/interface for the Operating System. On the Model 12, I can see the VU meter moving when I am watching a Youtube video, but there is no sound coming out of the speakers I have connected. I know the speakers worked, as I had everything in a different config and it was fine. I think it may be due to the fact that my "song" is 16 bit 44khz, but the Model 12 in Windows Sound control panel won't let me change it to 16 bit 44100hz. The only options there are 24bit 44 and 48. How can I get the full range of options in the drop-down in the Windows Sound panel? I've tried updating my Nvidia Drivers which one forum suggested, I've tried uninstalling the Model 12 from Device Manager, rebooting, then re-installing the Model 12 software. Nothing seems to be working. Please halp!

So I can get sound via the headphones plugged into the model 12, but the volume is very low and sound slightly distorted. I want to say this is a driver issue with the Model 12 and Windows 11. I've seen other people mention low volume via there headphones, and they were suggested to get a headphone amp. I don't think that's the problem though. If I connect the model 12 to my MPC One, there's no problems at all with the sound or volume in the headphones. There's something wrong with the Windows driver for this unit it seems. The last TEAC driver was from 2019 I think according to device manager. If I removed the Model 12 from device manager and restart Windows, it re-installs it with a Windows driver from 2022, but the sample rate still does not have all the options in Windows control panel.....

I finally figured out the problem. I had to unplug the Tascam from power, leave it off for about 5 minutes, then when I turned it on, voila, everything working as it should. Hopefully this will help someone else. What made me think to do this was I realized my Shure SM7B mic wasn't working either, I was getting no signal and it was JUST working the other day on my MPC One. Anyway, be breezy everyone!

New threads

Members online