2488 cursor stopped working

jtman

Gear owned
2488 MkII 788
Hi, I have a 2488 MkII which has never given me any real problems, until now. The up cursor arrow suddenly stopped working a week or so ago and appears out for good. This is problematic for certain functions, such as setting compression parameters, as once I go down to another category in compression settings, there is no way to get back up. Also for viewing wave forms, there is no way now to make it larger. Anyone heard of this happening, or have a potential fix? I do also have a 788 that I no longer use, so I suppose the same part might be used. Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks.

Jeff

Sounds like the contact needs cleaning. Following others advice on the old forum i used a fine screwdriver to lift the button as much as possible, spray compressed air and then some contact cleaner under the button. Its worth a try. Again, be carefull lifting the button.

HTH
Zeek

Zeek,

Thanks for this advice. I'm really hoping you are right, as it seems like the least invasive approach to take.

Jeff

Thanks again, Zeek. Your advice was right on. After a few blasts of air, followed by some Deoxit cleaner, it's working again. Really appreciate your good guidance on this.

Jeff

New threads

Members online

No members online now.