2488 NEO gets suddenly stuck, it wont stop playing,

yuyo

Gear owned
dp 2488 neo
hello

i bought brand new tascam 2488 neo 6 months ago.

the unit gets stuck in play mode, without actually playing anything. if i hit the play button the green light on top only flashes, nothing plays, the ABS stays in 00 00 00 0 as well.

if i try shutting it down, it sends and error ''CAUTION Cannot do this when not stopped. stop the transport Press Exit''. i press exit, stop, and nothing. the only choice i have is to switch it off from the back.

anybody know why this happens?

and is there a way of stopping the stuck playback without shutting it down from the back?

thanks.

I know the flashing play button only if the midi mode is set to slave (external). Perhaps you can check it. The source at the synchronisations page should be set to internal.

Is it just on one particular song?? or on any song you load??
If its just one song then Id delete that song - check that its not happening to any new song you create

I have read before that you can get bad sectors on the HD which might cause the problem, might be worth reformating the HD - But back everything up if you can and only do this once you have tried everything else first

Zeek

yuyo said:
the unit gets stuck in play mode, without actually playing anything. if i hit the play button the green light on top only flashes, nothing plays, the ABS stays in 00 00 00 0 as well.
Hi,

this definately sound like the MIDI is set for an external clock source. Check the following:
Press MENU
Select SYNC/MIDI
Select SYNC
Set the SOURCE parameter to INTERNAL
Press YES/ENTER key

If the play light is flashing you need to press the STOP button before doing this.

Also, check there is nothing plugged into the Remote socket on the front of the TASCAM.

Hope that helps

If you check your menu and find that you don't have the 2488 waiting for MIDI, check your remote control jack and make sure you don't have headphones or something else plugged into it.

I have a similar issue (play button doesn't work) and these suggestions didn't work, any further ideas?

Last edited:
Hello Yuyo.

I managed to simulate exactly the situation you describe by selecting external sync so that the machine is waiting for MIDI time code. As soon as i reverted to internal sync, everything was back to normal.

New threads

Members online