2Seemy-Software

snafu

Veteran
From
Germany
Gear owned
Tascam DM 3200 + IF-FW_DMMK II
Hi everyone,

I was crawling behind my desk, squeezing my hands in a small gap between the wooden top plate of my working station and the Dm rear, just to fumble a USB-cable into my 2Seemy usb-slot.
Oh, why I didn't install the cable with my 2Seemy? It would have been too easy, that's why :)

Now, I think I heard 'em say I need some software, if I wish to see a cloned image of my DM-screen on my PC; unfortunately 2Seemy is shut down atm, and I don't see no software on their site. That is - I do see, but links not working!?

Anyone here having the software? I see it's 0€ on their site, so I suppose it's free. Should it be otherwise, and I might be mistaken here, than sorry: I'll take it back.

greetings
snafu

Reactions: -mjk-
Reactions: snafu and -mjk-
Ah - nice. Thanks a ton, Peter! Oh, by the way - does the 2Seemy run both, external screen and PC screen? Not that I would need both at a time, but...

Thank you very much - have a nice evening/day/night :)

@snafu Good question. I have been using a small 7" screen via VGA. Haven't attempted both to be honest with you

Ah - too bad! Installed the software, but all I get by starting the .exe is a black screen. Although I did try right click on the .exe, compatability and chose WindowsXP (SP2).

Does it run with Win10 Pro, 64 bit?

@snafu If you don't mind waiting a few hours I could try it out here at my end. It's my lovely wife's birthday today so I have set aside the afternoon so that we may spend some time with our daughters who are visiting their hero (MOM)

@snafu The black screen is a known issue, I see from the 'how to install the software'. Here's a quote from that document (well actually, the whole English part):

"
**********************************************************************************
Reminder: the software is only useful if you want to use your console on your PC.
If you want to use a VGA screen, only plug the cable, you don't need the software.
**********************************************************************************

How to Install the software 2Seemy-Pc:
- Log to your PC as admin
- Download the 2Seemy-PC_FullInstall.zip attached with this mail, and unzip it in "Program files".
- Connect your console to your PC through 2Seemy USB port.
- If driver asked, you'll find it in the unziped folder.
- Launch the software 2Seemy-PC.exe
Now, you should see your console screen instead of the black screen.

If it's not working, and your computer runs Windows 7 or 8:
- Right click on 2Seemy-PC.exe, choose "Properties"
- then "Compatibility"
- Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows XP".

And voila! Enjoy the new life of your console!"

The black screen is a known issue, I see from the 'how to install the software'. Here's a quote from that document
Hey Arjan, thanks for chiming in. I also read this part, and it's exactly the procedure I followed (see my third post).

I am not quiet sure if it actually does matter which system path I choose - it says
...unzip it in program files
My system is in german, so I can choose "Programme" or "Programme (x86). And there is a hidden folder "Program Data".

As for "Programme" and "Programme (x86)" I am sure I tried them yesterday evening with no different outcome whatsoever.

I wasn't asked for a driver either when pluggin' in the USB cord.

It may have to do with that I am using my small 10" screen via VGA cord at the same time. If someone can confirm / disconfirm it'll be highly appreciated.

...so I have set aside the afternoon so that we may spend some time with our daughters who are visiting their hero (MOM)
Haha - no different than sons: their heroine is mom, was mom and will be mom :-D Hope you had a great party!

c y'all later
snafu

@snafu I'll check it later today. I almost never use the 2Seemy screen on the PC, but IIRC there is no relation to also having a VGA screen connected at the same time.

Reactions: snafu
I just force-installed the driver - I tested normal mode, and compatability set to Windows XP (SP2); unfortunately this is the best I get^^
zULp5C6
https://imgur.com/zULp5C6
zULp5C6

zULp5C6

I think this might be a setting issue in my system, or some sort of other compatability issue. In case anyone has some deeper understanding of this, here are my specs:
- ASUS ROG Strix Z-390 F Mainboard
- Intel I9 9900K CPU
- Radeo RX 580 series graphics
- 32 GB RAM
- @Windows 10 Professional, 64 bit

I have the 2Seemy-USB plugged in a USB3 port at the time - It should not be the source of the problem, I tried several ports, all with the same outcome. 2Seemy is USB 2.0 but the USB3-ports should be downwards compatible.

Unfortunately I'm a bit clueless at this point? Any ideas welcome, btw!

@snafu Look familiar?

fV6bX2y.jpg

It's been a while but I am 99.9% certain that the problem was caused by a USB cable that was too long. I went to a shorter one and Bingo problem solved

@snafu Funny that I should see your post now. I was right in the middle of setting up one of my spare PC's so that I could test this for you. And then, my younger daughter requesting that I assist her with some planter ceiling hooks. So, I am off to her place. When I get back I will continue to troubleshoot with / for you. Please Standby!

Look familiar?
Absolutely :)

The only thing that makes me shiver at this is two things:
a) gotta crawl behind that desk again...
b) I was hooking up my laptop (Win 7) to the USB cord of the 2Seemy.
Well, it was .. better, in terms of: I finally managed to get an image! For whatever reason it wasn't stable, meaning it kinda "jumped" sideways for about 20 px. I assume, this might be because of a too long USB connection (3m right now).

I had to force-install the drivers, too. Do you remember, whether you installed the driver set?

When I get back I will continue to troubleshoot with / for you. Please Standby!
Thank you very much, Peter - very much appreciated, I really do! I wished the guys over at 2Seemy could release a driver update - doesn't look so clean (at least the USB implementation). Other than that, the card works like a charm!

kind regards,
snafu

Reactions: Peter Batah
OK let me take over while Peter is busy with the planter ceiling hooks ;)
@snafu I have no issues here with 2Seemy on my Windows 10 PC while at the same time having my 7" display on. The PC window is a bit slower than the physical display but I guess that's normal.

All I can find on C:\ is under Program Files (which I wasn't expecting, I thought 2Seemy was 32-bit). There's a directory named 2SeemyPC with in it a file called '2Seemy-PC.exe' and a directory named 'Param'. In this one there are 3 files: 2Seemy-PC.INI, WFTR.dll and WSDL.dll. The .INI file only has window position, zoom level, various colors, PortID=3 and UpdateMode=1 for what it's worth.

Further, I don't see any mention of 2Seemy in device management.. Also, after a scan for 2Seemy on C:\ the only results are the ones I already mentioned and links to them (and stuff related to shortcuts to them from my profile)..

@snafu So, I have both the USB cable and the 7" VGA display plugged into the 2Seemy card. The 7" display has started jumping and the display on the PC monitor is black. It has been about 2 years since I have mucked around with this. And, getting to the back of the desk was a nightmare.

https://imgur.com/ROO2D99

Reactions: snafu
@Arjan & @Peter Batah : thank you, both of you! I highly appreciate the time you took for my issue, and the effort you put into it! Thanks a ton!

So, a short recap:
- what you experienced, Peter, is the same I saw earlier this evening: while both, my 10" external screen plus the USB connection are pugged in, the image of the 2SeemyPC-app is black or scattered, while the external screen (in your case) or the display of the app (in my case) starts to jump.
- obviously it is not intended to have both running simultaneously.

The big bummer here is "why"? My best guess at the moment is the drivers - something seems to be not as clean implemented as it should be. Just physically there should be no issue - the output signal of the USB should be uneffected by the output of the VGA signal - both should receive the same data.

Arjan, thanks to you I can confirm my install folder is complete (Peter was kind enough to let me have his .zip-file for the PC app).
I can furthermore confirm that 2Seemy does not appear on your PC once the drivers are installed - it's referred to as USB Com3 (or something along those lines).

Too bad - I was hoping, I could benefit from both of it's advantages: being able to see the settings on an external screen and being able to do some screen-shots whenever needed.

I will let this sink in for a while; right now I have some ideas on how this might work in the end, but I am not quiet sure if it's worth the time and grind.

Tippin' my hat to you, sirs, have a good week - I'll keep you informed ;-)
cheers
snafu

@snafu If it's any consolation, I looked through some of the email communications that took place between myself and the fellow at 2Seemy. I recall having mentioned that I found a certain amount of lag between tasks that I was performing at the DM at how that translated to the PC monitor when using the USB connection. I had trouble getting used to that. Which is why personally, I prefer the VGA option. Maybe it was just a matter of adjusting or my eyes.

So @snafu and @Peter Batah the USB cable length makes no difference then for both of you? I find it strange that I have no issues.. Maybe it has to do with differences in video cards (mine is quite old, as is my whole PC).

@Arjan P When I first received / installed the card I used a long USB cable and experienced the pixelated screen. It is only when I switched to a cable that was shorter in length (6') that the issue was resolved. I did this when I first received the card. As you said, perhaps you are using an older generation. I believe that mine arrived on October 23, 2018.

So @snafu and @Peter Batah Maybe it has to do with differences in video cards (mine is quite old, as is my whole PC).
I would say "Graphics drivers" - still. My graphics card is from 2019. One must consider that the 2Seemy card has ten years (plus?) on it'y back, so I would go as far as to say, one is likely to encounter some problems with a newer system.

I am not sure how hard it is to code an app that would do the trick. I am a c#-hobbyist, but I would say it should be possible at all - as long as no physical issues come into play. What that might be? The only thing I can think of right now, would be, if the card can't provide enough voltage to run vga/usb-interface simultaneously. But if Arjan's system can run both at a time, this shouldn't be an issue at all. More or less it comes down to drivers - but that's where we go full circle :)

New threads

Members online