2x2 distortion/crash problem

ArcDG

Gear owned
US 2x2 interface
I have been using my 2x2 for production, as well as just for regular use, for ease of using my mic. Now something that eventually happens when I'm watching a video or playing a game, is that the audio just breaks to a high frequency. If I'm watching a video or listening to a song on Spotify it will have the corrupted pitch AND playback many times faster. I'm bewildered on what could cause this.
My driver and the interface are all fully updated, by the way and I'm using Windows 10.

some more details: I can tell when it's about to get all screwed up by sporadic audio glitches in my video. This distortion can just go away after a while but it's on its terms basically. Only consistent method to fix has been to just unplug/replug the whole thing

It sounds like the sample rate is changing during playback. If the audio source material is at 44.1 kHz and then the interface starts playing a sample rate of 48 kHz, it would sound higher pitched and sped up. I don't know what would cause it to switch out of nowhere, but it sounds like that's what's happening. Try looking at the sample rate in the Tascam Settings Panel before and after it happens.

I have same thing with new software (4.00). With previous version (2.14) was the same too. This is very annoying. I try my US-2x2 on 2 different PC's with Windows 10 1909 (18363.752) and this bug also on both! Also I want to say: this is not PC issue! It's driver issue!

It sounds like the sample rate is changing during playback. If the audio source material is at 44.1 kHz and then the interface starts playing a sample rate of 48 kHz, it would sound higher pitched and sped up. I don't know what would cause it to switch out of nowhere, but it sounds like that's what's happening. Try looking at the sample rate in the Tascam Settings Panel before and after it happens.
when it happened again the sample rate shown did not change. Might just try rolling it back again to a much older version. What a crappy interface

New threads

Members online

No members online now.