A playlist of songs I’ve produced with the Tascam DP32

JB Paterson

Gear owned
Tascam DP32
Didn’t really think it was possible but I’ve started working as a full-time producer using just the DP32 and later mixing down with Logic & some waves plugins to clarify the sound. Gotta say it’s the best piece of musical equipment I’ve ever purchased. I have a circle of instruments (drums, piano, guitars, vocals) around a cabin I record in, and leave all the mics in the same place for consistency. Anyhow before the pandemic I was recording a new artist every week, but now I’m taking a little break so I thought it would be a good time to show the fellow Tascam community what I’ve been doing as I’ve been lurking around this forum for a while.

Only have a Spotify link, but these songs are easily searchable on YouTube or whatever music service you use.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1YAKDDnDBkaFxk0fvnfSS9?si=hLCQPvBQS5Ot04OYV6tgdA

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Great songs and beautiful production - thanks for posting. A great inspiration for me to get recording again!

Hi JB Paterson,
great job with your songs and your sound!
May I ask how you do the vocal editing? Do you "clean up" every vocal track to make it free from breath and other random noises (while not singing)? I love the "analogue" mixing process with the DP32 but I don't know how is the best way to have a clear sound in the vocals. Any help is appreciated, thanks :)

Reactions: -mjk-
@Krissie You may start a discussion thread on the topic in the Recording 101 Forum if you like.

Yo Jack, this is just FANTASTIC stuff here!

I am working through the play list. Beautiful slide guitar on Young Man Growing Old.

Is that the onboard reverb on the DP32 for the vox or a plug in? It’s nice and natural.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.