Ableton, Model 24, volume, sync and lots of moaning

Discussion in 'Model 24/16/12' started by RICHARD TALBOT, May 28, 2020.

1. RICHARD TALBOT

RICHARD TALBOT New Member

Manchester UK
    Gear:
    Tascam 24
    Hi,

I recently bought a Model 24 to work as a aggregate device with my Focusrite Pro40. I've had a number of issues.

1) When it arrived I was surprised that the sig light on channel 2 constantly blinked even if there was nothing plugged in and all the gain, compressor and faders including master were fully pulled down. Mmmm not a good start.

2) I mainly use Ableton (10.1.14) The output signal from the 24 is so low, that if I record audio through it, the resulting clip on Ableton is low that it can barely be heard and is hardly visible in the clip view. I can try turning up the Master but if other channels at all, are at unity the i get unbearable amounts of hiss when it goes above -40. Above that I get horrible distortion and I worry about blowing my genelecs!

3) I can't connect my Model 24 to my DAW (Ableton) I scrolled down the menu settings as shown in this video on YouTube (I know its for the Model 12, but I presume it should be the same for the 24?) However, I can't even find the DAW controller option, the rest of the list on my 24 seems identical to the video until I get to System when I can't scroll any further.

Any help would be really appreciated as I'm pulling my hair out and won't have any left soon!

I'm using a MAC Book Pro (Catalina 10.15.4) Ableton 10 (10.1.14) Logic Pro X (10.5) Model 24 Firmware 1.5 0082, Software version 1.20 0016
  2. Freebird

Freebird New Member

Stockholm Sweden
    Gear:
    Model 24/244 Portastudio
    Model 16 & Model 24 does NOT have the "daw-controller" function. Only model 12 have that opportunity. So you will never find that in your model 24 menus.
    -mjk- likes this.
  3. RICHARD TALBOT

RICHARD TALBOT New Member

Manchester UK
    Gear:
    Tascam 24
    Bloody hell... I watched the video and thought that looks good but when I realised they did a bigger model I decided that was what I wanted. Now, I haven’t got a DAW controller and the audio is not working in a useable way so I’ve had to go back to my Focusrite.