After a year of working with my DP 24

Paul Santa Maria

Gear owned
DP 24
...and a lot of help from Phil Tipping (who suggested I come to the forums here and post) I have come to the conclusion that I love the DP 24. I suppose if I had the money and the computer to have a true DAW that the same techniques would not be used, but in the end it's just a stereo mix of your work, right? So having purchased a 244 in 1982 and doing hundreds of recordings with that and then importing samples of track segments into an Ensoniq ASR 10 and sequencing songs so they sounded crisp and brand new (no tape) I am darn glad I got this unit on sale - and way back when it was $1200.00 I think.

I restored a whole bunch of material and then I did my dream project: "The Beatles Re-Imagined". I licensed 26 Beatles songs and re-created them in my own way with my 1977 Les Paul, a Spector bass, some percussion and a couple of drum tracks from friends - kinda like a "Guitarchestra" take on them. Phil has been hearing them as I developed as an engineer and then mastering (as best I could with Sound Forge 14) and I think they came out pretty good! I'd love to hear critiques from the community here about volume and eq specifically and don't be too harsh if you don't like what I did. Just constructive please. I've been a professional musician since age 12 (56 years) and you can check out 26 samples of the tunes at my website: https://theguitarexplained.com/beatles-re-imagined

I would be happy to answer any tech questions about how certain sounds were achieved. Drop me a line!
Thanks
Paul Santa Maria

Reactions: dctdct
Imagine is a John Lennon song, not a Beatles song. Picky,I know, but true. :)

sorry,couldn't resist. I only listened thru my tv speakers,which are not good.Ill have a listen thru my monitors later. Tasty playing from what I heard.

Reactions: Paul Santa Maria
Well engineered and performed.

Reactions: Paul Santa Maria
Thank you I appreciate that. I am still learning my way around the DP, but am pretty confident now.

We never stop learning and improving.

Yeah, sounds well balanced and very well played!

New threads

Members online