Am I supposed to pan 1/2 for PC Mode on Model 12?

JosephOrJoe

Gear owned
Model 12
Hey hey!

So I've search all around here and in the manual, youtube and google and I'm not finding anyone that even mentions it so I wanted to ask.

When I connect to PC and put tracks 1 and 2 in PC mode, select my output as Model 12 ASIO in FL Studio (just playing playing around with something simple for the first day of owning the Model 12 before digging into my DAW), it does In fact send the audio to tracks 1 and 2.

The part I'm confused about is I cannot hear a difference in the audio of either channel. Hitting mute on channel 2 and listening to channel 1 and vice versa, sounds 100% exactly the same. If I pan something in the DAW, I still hear it in both channels and on both monitors. The audio also sounds drab and narrow.

BUT, if I pan channel 1 all the way to the left on the Model 12 and channel to all the way right, it sounds like a proper stereo mix and panning in the DAW actually goes to the correct speaker instead of both. So is this what I'm supposed to be doing? Panning 1 and 2 left and right on the Model 12 when PC audio is being fed to it? I've just no seen anyone mention this anywhere but it's what's making it sound correct for me. I don't wanna do this if it means I have something set up incorrect though.

Typically when you have to spread a 2-channel stereo signal across 2 faders, they should be panned hard Left/Right. Since it sounds right when you do that, it seems that's what needs to be done.

Ahh ok. It made sense the more I though about how each of those channels is a mono channel and that being why PC return takes up 2. I just wanted to be sure. I'm still learning and not just the Model 12 lol. Thank you so much for the reply!

Reactions: -mjk-
Welcome to the Tascam Forums!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.