Arjan P

Soundaholic
From
Netherlands
Website
www.soundbyte.nl
Gear owned
DM3200 IFFW
So here is the third Beatles project song in the row. Again, another one from the early Beatles days, and this is We Can Work It Out. Quite a tricky one to program drums for, with the different time signatures, but Cubase does allow for anything that needs to be done, including a ramping up of tempo for a given section. Also, to make it more natural sounding for our voices, we tuned it down by half a note.

Acoustic guitar was recorded with a Studio Projects C1 plus the piezo pickup. Bass guitar (Fender Precision Bass Special) went directly into a TL Audio C-5021 tube compressor and then to the DM. Vocal mic used was my go-to mic, Neumann TLM-103. I'm quite pleased with how the vocal double turned out. I've done it many times before, but here somehow it came out very nice, if I say so myself... Tambourine was also recorded with the C1, everything recorded in Cubase 11, and the two different harmoniums come from the Nord Electro 3.

Here it is: https://soundcloud.com/soundbytestudio/we-can-work-it-out Hope you like it, and any comments are welcome again ofcourse!

@Arjan P I really like your voice man.

Reactions: Arjan P
Thanks MJ, appreciate it.

Reactions: -mjk-
WOW

just

WOW

amazingly complicated drum programming mate, well done

you sang it very well

the part that goes "there's no time for fussing and fighting", I always sang it
"there's no time for fu@#ing and fighting" hehe

this is an amazing recording,you should be very proud Arjan, top notch mate

Thanks, @BazzBass, those are great compliments!

Mmh, I see I never got around to it, but also for this one we (well, my guitarist friend actually) created 'something video' and put a number of photos together in this video of We Can Work it Out (again, pretty much the same ones as in the previous songs). Still it's better than a static picture on Youtube... Beatle cover number 4 is in the works, actually almost done, but not quite yet.. Ofcourse I will post the final result here again (it's 'Something', by the way..).

Looks like I'm a bit late to the party, Arjan (2021 wasn't a good year for me on balance).

Always look forward to your work, and enjoy it as a "listener" but also from a professional perspective. :)

Reactions: Arjan P and -mjk-
Really enjoyed that - VERY well done!
And - empathy for the video thing. My youtubes are just like that - photo-compilations - as I'm not really equipped to actually make video. Certainly not as captivating as the y'tubers who do great video with their songs...and I imagine my songs need all the help they can get keeping viewers' interest...but...oh well!!!
Great job - looking forward to the new ones!

Really enjoyed that - VERY well done!
And - empathy for the video thing. My youtubes are just like that - photo-compilations - as I'm not really equipped to actually make video.
Thanks, @shredd. The thing for me is also, that once I'd set myself to making more of a 'real' video, it would take away from the music making. Every hour can only be spent once...
But maybe for the next one a new photo shoot would be in order, we'll see.

Thanks, @@shredd. The thing for me is also, that once I'd set myself to making more of a 'real' video, it would take away from the music making. Every hour can only be spent once...
But maybe for the next one a new photo shoot would be in order, we'll see.
Yup. I get it.
I think video is so neat...and it's much easier to do than I thought.
But it'd be a lot easier to have someone doing it for/with me, even if I DID spend the time with the editing and such.
So I spend most of my time w/the music, and the vids I put on ytube are a total afterthought...usually just those photo-collages, if that!

Hi Arjan !
I'm very impressed, becausse it does sound very good, authentic, and the most difficult thing in this kind of work is to SOUND good. You don't just reproduce the notes and the harmonies, but each sound is really worked to put us in the right mood, the right atmosphere;). I feel very small in front of the quality of this production! Thanks a lot Arjan!:)

Hi Christophe, thank you for the compliments but there really is no need at all to feel small. Your work is in quite a different corner but to me the production level is great in its own right, and certainly no less than mine!

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.