Another advantage compared to DAW

Findlay

Veteran
Gear owned
244 DP32
I've been having great fun lately with my DP32sd working on a song I recorded 12 years ago on a PC using Nuendo. Maybe this is limited to Steinberg's software but it struck me how difficult it can be transferring files from a DAW. Fine if the track has been recorded in 1 take but if there are several edits - say 3 parts of lead guitar fill or harmony vocal parts it is problematic. I had to solo these tracks in the DAW and mix down to create a track for export. It makes you realise how simple it is using the Tascam to record and export tracks!

Worth the effort though - fantastic to be able to work on the songs and mix them on the Tascam!

Assuming Nuendo works the same as Cubase in this respect, it's not that complicated, really. Set left and right locators to the full song length, then under File > Export select Audio Mixdown and then select the tracks you want saved as individual files (don't use 'stereo mix'). This might be under 'Advanced options' in the mixdown dialog, I'm not sure.
Hope this helps in future transfers..

Reactions: Findlay
Thanks Arjan. I tried that a few times in Nuendo and just got silent tracks. It was so frustrating I had to go with the other route!

Reactions: Arjan P

New threads

Members online

No members online now.