Arjan P

Soundaholic
From
Netherlands
Website
www.soundbyte.nl
Gear owned
DM3200 IFFW
I'd almost forgotten about this one, since it's been a while that the mix was finished. This is a true Covid production, in that my friend the drummer (René Barthen) wanted to create a Level 42 tribute with everyone recording their own contribution in their home - and filming it as well.. This all started last year already.

So after receiving the initial drum track, I found it was a mono source from a Roland electronic drum session. We decided to redo the drums in my studio - as is shown in the video. Then after that everyone involved sent in their tracks to me: bass, guitar, keys and saxophone. Time for me to do the lead vocal, and after that the keyboard player did his vocal. Everything was in by then: Time to mix!

Ofcourse, when mixing was done that was it for me, but the video still had to be edited and that was finished a few weeks ago. I hope you enjoy it, and let me know what you think!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IELUJDZBGvQ

Echt lekker! Arjan you guys really did this song proper. I am a big Level 42 fan so my standards are high. great groove, great bass, great Vox, great keys. Take this to the clubs.

Hey Arjan...OUTSTAAAAANDING! :)

Last edited:
@Arjan P 5 stars man! It was cool seeing you work in the video. Excellent mix and the performances are incredible.

Reactions: skier
What a great video, song, sound, playing and vocals. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks everyone, glad you all liked it!

Reactions: -mjk-
The musical style reminds me of one of my favorite artists/bands: Tom Scott and the L.A. Express. Are they an influence?

Tom Scott and the L.A. Express. Are they an influence?
I really wouldn't know. This song was a hit record in 1981 for the British band Level 42 and at the time the slapping technique on the bass was an eye-catcher. But I never heard of Tom Scott and the LA Express, maybe someone else knows..

Holy shit!

Hey Charlie, good to see you back here! Thanks, I take it as a good holy shit :LOL:

New threads

Members online