Another noob...

Placebo

Gear owned
DP-24
Hey everyone. I just got a DP-24 and I'm trying to figure out some basic functions. I've read the manual and searched here but can't seem to find what I'm after. I'm using it to obtain an ambient recording from practice sessions by having one mic into track 1. I want to have the songs broken down individually instead of one long track with all the recordings. This week I will pre-create all the songs and then load/save them one at a time as we go through them. Is there a way to just let it record the whole session and then cut/paste the songs to their own track? Also when in mix down/master mode is there any way to speed up the process? After 90 minutes of practice we have to wait another 90 minutes for the master process to get the file to a state that it can be burned to a CD. I feel like I'm overlooking something really simple lol so sorry for the noob questions. Thanks.

All the best,

Jeff

Unfortunately I don't think there is any way around having to edit one long track the way you are recording it. I have done some live recordings using a method that speeded up the process. I recorded a friends band at a club where they play often. Before hand I created a series of new song set ups (create a generic "Song 1", "Song 2" etc.). I created a series of of about a 30 of these so I was ready to go. Then when I recorded, the band paused and introduced the next song or had a drink while I took just about a minute to save the last song (Song 1) and load the next song file (Song 2) etc. I gave the band the signal that I was ready and they did the next song. At least when I was done recording the band I had everything broken down by each song.

Thanks Rickholly, that is exactly what I ended up doing and it works fine, a little cumbersome but it does work. The learning curve continues.

All the best,

Jeff

Members online

No members online now.