Arjan P

Soundaholic
From
Netherlands
Website
www.soundbyte.nl
Gear owned
DM3200 IFFW
So here is another one finished from the Beatles project I posted about earlier (actually, number 3 is almost done as well). So, another one from the early Beatles days, and this is You've Got To Hide Your Love Away.

Acoustic guitar was recorded with a Studio Projects C1 plus the piezo pickup. Electric guitar (Fender Strat) and Bass (Fender Precision Bass Special) went directly into a TL Audio C-5021 tube compressor and then to the DM. Vocal mic used was my go-to mic, Neumann TLM-103. Tambourine and shaker were also recorded with the C1, everything recorded in Cubase 11, and the Mellotron flute was done on the Nord Electro 3.

Here it is: https://soundcloud.com/soundbytestudio/youve-got-to-hide-your-love-away Hope you like it, and any comments are welcome again ofcourse!

@Arjan P the engineering is flawless. the clarity and tones of the instruments and vocals are stellar. I'm hearing flat notes in the lead vocal track however, especially the opening line. Nevertheless, that could pass as artistic taste. Excellent overall!

Thanks, @-mjk- I would indeed place those blue notes ;) in the category 'artistic taste', first because I think it's not too bad and second, because I tried to go for subdued in the first two lines and then more expressive in the following lines. Thanks again!

Reactions: -mjk-
@Arjan P I can get behind that. You opened up later in the tune as you say. Kudos to you for not autotuning it to death!

Reactions: Arjan P
man that is a great job on one of my all time favourite songs.

You're on a hiding to nothing with the vocals. The only one that can get close to John's emotiveness is Chris Cornell.

Great job

Thanks, @BazzBass and I agree about Chris Cornell - one of my all time favourite vocalists!

Nice Job Arjan...As a rabid Beatles fan since 1965 ( yeah I'm that old ) I can say that this rendition is spot on!!!

OK so my guitarist partner wanted to create 'something video' and put a number of photos together in this video of You've Got to Hide Your Love Away (pretty much the same ones as in the previous song). I must admit it's still better than a static picture on Youtube...

1:22 Nice!

The mellotron flutes are particularly delightful, as are the original’s. Nice!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.