Anybody hook up a DM 4800 to a 24 track analog recorder?

MusicalFreq

Gear owned
Tascam Dm4800
I need some tips.
I have only 2 slots & 2 IF AN/Dm cards installed to work with, giving me 16 tracks i/o. How should I wire the other 8 tracks so I can use and switch to them? For record and playback after I've used up the the other 16 tracks if need be.
I have the DB cables for the installed modules. So the first 16 are accounted for.
At present I have 1 Neutrik 24 i/o patchbay those 16 will go into, leaving me with 8 open for use.
I have the DB cables for the installed modules as well.
Any suggestions.

I've run into my hd24 via the trs inputs using the aux outs. It works fine but takes away the headphone mix if that's what you're feeding into the headphone amp. That would give you 8 channels of output. It's a funky work around but, does work.

Thanks David for your input, I ended up going with the Slot Cards instead.
Been a while since I have been here, finally got my 24 track recorder cables all wired up, installed two IF-AN/DM analog cards in my DM4800. I now have a Neutrik NYS-SPP-L 48 patchbay and a Tascam PB-32 patch bay. I have been told to use half-normal on the patchbays. Anyone with some tips on how to hook this up.

Hi! I was gonna say get a used Behringer ADA8000. Get a TDIF Cable and route the ADAT signals from the Behringer to the TDIF output to the 24 track.

jamsire, how is that going to work ?. The ada8000 do not have tdif. Why not then just use the adat i/o on the mixer together with the ada8000 ?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.