Anyone using MacOS Sonoma yet?

Blue Monster 65

Veteran
Gear owned
Model 16
Any compatibility issues? I see it's available, but I'd rather not update until I know it's good to go.

Compatibility w/what? People answering this will wanna know...

FWIW: I'm up to High Sierra on my studio iMac (which is reallly old - '11, I think), Big Sur on my late-'14 Airbook, and Monterrey on my 2017 iMac Retina.

High Sierra seems great. Bug Sur pretty solid. Airbook & studio iMac are both old enough that they won't update any further.

iMac's Monterrey has a couple hiccups. It's been prompting me to update to Ventura...but I haven't done it yet. Not confident: I routinely update the iOS on my iPhone 11, and it has sucked like an airplane toiler for the last several versions. So upgrading/updating doesn't hold any promise of better performance, and DOES have the potential for slower performance/compatibility stuff.

Just my nickel's worth...good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Max Relic
Sorry, I should have been specific: has anyone had any experience with their Model 12/16/24 with OS Sonoma?

I've got Ventura on my 2020 MacBook Pro and it's steady as a rock for anything I need it to do. I will probably wait as I usually do.

Reactions: shredd
Roger that. As expected - I can't be of any help: I'm a Portastudio guy.
I do read with great regularity about problems with ModelXX's...but my amateur appraisal is that few, if any, are OS related. Mostly seem to be operational- and/or user-error...

The good news: there appears to be more of the Modelxx users here, and hopefully someone can address your question from personal experience!

I've had absolutely zero problems with my Model 16 and I got it the week they first hit Sweetwater, so it's been a few years. Very happy with it.

Reactions: shredd

New threads

Members online