Apply outboard reverb on the whole mix ?

Bobbydebarbes

Gear owned
Tascam DP24
hello,
My song is recorded and i wonder if it is possible applying an effect (from my lexicon) during the mixdown on all the tracks in one time ?
Thanks

In Mixdown mode, set each track Send to Post to route the individual track signals to the Lexicon, and blend the wet Lexicon return into the mix with the rest of the tracks. It's the same concept as using the internal reverb.

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-
Thanks Mark.
Your process supposes that i still have empty tracks but i have not

You assign the lexicon's DP-24 Inputs directly to the stereo bus and use the Input virtual faders to control the lexicon wet signal level in the mix. Discussed in the Production Tips sticky "Using the Stereo Bus" and also in the Equipment Tips sticky "Using Outboard Gear During Mixdown".

Last edited:
Thanks Mark.
Your process supposes that i still have empty tracks but i have not

Many users forget that you still have 8 live inputs even at mixdown that can be assigned to the stereo bus. That is how you bring FX returns into the mixdown.

I’ve never used virtual faders or tracks since i have the unit, it has always scared me....this whole process seems very complicated ...
Not sure I’ll be able to make it
Thanks anyway !!

Many users forget that you still have 8 live inputs even at mixdown that can be assigned to the stereo bus. That is how you bring FX returns into the mixdown.
Hi Mjk,
Not sure to understand...would you be ok to detail the steps to do it ?
Let’s suppose the song is recorded and the mixdown is done and I still have only 2 tracks left.
Thanx !

Reactions: -mjk-
Bobby, if you can assign inputs to tracks, you know how to assign. Just assign the inputs to the stereo bus.

I’ve never used virtual faders or tracks since i have the unit, it has always scared me....this whole process seems very complicated ...
Not sure I’ll be able to make it
Thanks anyway !!

Select the input and open the Mixer screen. It's right there.

Not sure to understand...would you be ok to detail the steps to do it ?

Let’s suppose the song is recorded and the mixdown is done and I still have only 2 tracks left.
Thanx !

Look in the Equipment Tips sticky for the post on adding analog to a digital master. Substitute your lexicon as the outboard gear.

Good luck. Let us know how it worked out.

There's also a post in the Production Tips sticky for adding analog characteristics to a stereo mix subsequent to mixdown (i.e. to the songname.wav file). That will work for your lexicon if you want to add an effect to the overall final mix at a later time.

If you've run out of first level tracks you can make use of virtual tracks, or create a new "master" song specifically to receive the .wav file import.

The Eqipment and Production Tips Stickies also have posts on using virtual tracks.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.