ATR 80 Problem & missing pages in manual

David Lokan

Gear owned
DA 30, 3340, ATR 80
Hi Everyone,

hoping someone who has an ATR 80 manual could please send me copies of the following pages from section x.

10-1-2. to 10-1-6.

I'm not getting counter readout on the machine, and the remote is showing ....0.....0.....

I have no transport, although all the power indicators are on.

My tech is thinking a chip on a card, but wants the above pages from the manual...which for some strange reason are missing from mine!

any help much appreciated.

David

Thanks Johannes, for your kind offer...I actually ended up buying a complete manual on Reverb.

After many hours checking power supplies & cards couldnt find a fault.

Eventually the tiny battery on one of the servo cards was replaced and the machine came back to life. ( the old battery measured ok but had never been replaced)

Very relieved...I've been running this machine since 92 & had very few issues.

Hows your's going?

regards
David

Reactions: johannes eberhard
Hey David
glad it worked out for you! I'm new to ATR80 -land. I got my machine in a trade for some speakers I didn't use anymore. I had to replace the rubber stuff on the machine. My tech fired the machine up last Friday for the first time. I never thought we would have a working machine at the end of the day but everything measured fine - except one channel in record. The level on that channels is jumping all over the place while the playback is ok on both heads ... we decided that I have a 23 track machine for the next few months and we'll tackle that problem while we do more tech work at my place.
If anyone has any idea where we should look first for getting stable record behavior, feel free to join the conversation. We think it might be coming from the main BIAS card or the connection from the audio card to the head might be flakey. We swapped the card and in that new slot the behavior was ok - so it's not the card itself ...
anyway I really like how the machine handles tape and how great it measured!!!

Take care
Jo

New threads

Members online

No members online now.