Audio Latency Issues

MacIrving

Gear owned
TASCAM US-322
Hello, I own a US-322 Tascam sound card and I'm having strange audio lag. Now and then I get around 300-500 ms of latency, the only way to fix this issue is to unplug it and plug it back in. How can I fix this?? I know it's not a problem with the soundcard because the previous one I had was doing the same issue.

Things I've tried:

Reinstalling the drivers
Switching to another USB port

Thanks.

Computer? OS version? Driver #? Any cards in the computer(UA for example)? Etc...

Computer: AMD FX(tm)-9370 Eight-Core Processor 4.40 Ghz
OS Version: Windows 7 Ultimate
Driver #: 1.0.4.0

There's no UA or any cards that should effect the audio.

This happened randomly, I thought it was my souncard dying, so I bought a newer version and it had the same problem.

I notice in device manager there is "AMD High Definition Audio Device / High Definition Audio Device" Should I un-install both of them?

I'm not a Windows guy. Here's hoping one of the many Windows experts will chime in.

When you say "unplugging/replugging," do you mean the USB connection or the interfaces power?

I unplug the USB port from the back of the tascam and then re plug it back in.

This problem happens even when I'm not using my DAW. If I'm playing a video game lets say. But to answer your question, I use Ableton Live 9.

Interesting. So the latency is on playback, and you can see it... In the delay between action and sound in a game? Hmmm. Well, I'm out... I'll try to roust a Windows guy.

What sample rate is the unit set too? Check if the issue is resource related by configuring it as 16-bit 44.1kHz. This unit shows up as discontinued so any chance of a new driver to improve things is moot.

Is it plugged into a USB hub? Is power management turned off for the USB ports?

USB selective suspend setting was Enabled. Disabled it to see if it'll make a difference. That would make sense actually, because the latency usually happens when I leave my computer for a bit then come back. Thanks!

Damn, doesn't seem to be working. Problem still persists.

Here's a screen shot of LatencyMon to show you what I'm dealing with.
I've been up all night trying to figure this out, I just don't know what to do.

10ebce71b1.png

Purchase a USB card and try it instead of the ports on your motherboard.

I decided to wipe my drive and start fresh, seems like I had a few virus's that was clogging everything up. Everything is fine now, almost 0 latency.

Thanks!

New threads

Staff online

Members online