Automation on my 3200 just stopped working

mdloomis

From
Auburn, CA
Gear owned
MX-2424 DM-3200
After years of trouble-free use, the automation on my mixer just stopped working. I'm running an MX-2424. The board is receiving timecode OK - the readouts on the screen and on the meter bridge look fine. I am able load and save automation files, but no mix moves happen as the tune plays back. This was working fine yesterday. Is it possible I accidentally bumped some setting to cause this behavior? Yes, the automation engine is ON.

Thanks,
Michael Loomis

False alarm. I discovered my problem. I have a Motu timepiece box daisy-chained on the timecode cable between the DM-3200 and the MX-2424. This is there for getting MX timecode and sync to the computer when I use it (I don't always use it).

Well, I was not using the computer the day when I was having automation problems, so the computer was turned off. Timecode was still passing from the MX-2424 to the 3200, so I was assuming the timecode itself was not the problem. But evidently the system is very sensitive and wants the computer turned ON. Doing so brought back normal automation function, and I'm back in business.

Phew! That was a close one. I was trying to imagine how I was going to proceed without automation on my 3200! It was not pretty. All is well now.

Michael

Reactions: Peter Batah
Sometimes we need a scare like this to keep us on our toes ;-)
Glad all is well again.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online