Belated hello from an SX-1 user

sxuser

Gear owned
SX-1, SX-1 LE
I joined the SX-1 forum about a year and a half ago shortly after scoring two used units (an SX-1 and an SX-1 LE). The learning curve was a little painful, but having got the hang of using these machines, I absolutely love them. Fantastic product, excellent results. It's a shame they're not made or supported any more. It's also a shame that they're showing their age in terms of reliability/stability.

Anyway -- howdy. The few times I've posted I've received timely, informative responses, for which I'm very grateful.

Having "retired" my SX-1 in favour of the LE (which I had in storage until the SX became so flaky I couldn't reliably use it any more), and anticipating the day when the LE meets the same fate, I've checked out Tascam's current offerings. It looks like my options are the DP-24SD or the DP-32SD. What I'm not impressed with are the small size of these units (I really like the large physical form factor of the SX-1) and that they don't seem to support an external monitor / keyboard / mouse. I tell myself hopefully that by the time I really truly need to replace my LE with a current model, something will be available that is more attractive than the current options.

Greetings from the great white north...

Pete

New threads

Members online