Best TDIF cable?

Kris

From
California
Gear owned
DM-4800 DA-20
Hello,

I'm planning on connecting a Roland XV-5080 module to my DM-4800, via a Roland DIF-AT, to either ADAT or the TDIF inputs.

I've never used TDIF for anything before so I was wondering if all TDIF cables are the same or would there be a certain type/brand that would be best for this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kris

Hint: (T)ascam (D)igital (I)nter (F)ace. :)

Seriously, any brand works so long as the cables and connectors are intact. And - believe NOT the scurrilous allegations about 'gold' being superior. :)

CaptDan

I just bought some at full compass they where more affordable compared all else including eBay when you factor in the shipping if you're shopping for new. I went with 9ft not so sure about the 3ft can't remember about those.

I just bought some at full compass they where more affordable compared all else including eBay when you factor in the shipping if you're shopping for new. I went with 9ft not so sure about the 3ft can't remember about those.

Thanks earlink45, I'll check them out!

Hey Kris,
Out of curiosity, I checked out the XV5080 after reading your post. Looks nice. I have an XV5050 and it is sounding old. When looking at the pictures of the rear of the unit, I did not see a place to hook up a TDIF cable. The SCSI port uses standard D-Sub25, and the R-Bus port uses an R-bus cable. Now, I think the R-bus port might work with a TDIF, but is it used only for communicating with the R-BUS PC card? Or is it fully compatible with the DMs, as a way to send 8 channels of digital into the board?
Did your TDIF cable work this way?

Hey TascMan,
I've just bought a Roland DIF-AT Interface box that connects the XV5080 to the DM4800. Basically the R-Bus connects from the XV to the DIF-AT and then you can either go ADAT or TDIF to the 4800. I've only just got the Interface box and haven't had chance to try it out yet, as soon as I do I'll let you know how it goes.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.