Best thing after a DM, or is there?

You are absolutely right @Myrideisa96, the track is really slamming. I think that it would be really nice if we could see a sort of "Behind the Music" video of the recording process. With the artists permission of course. It would give the "Audibly Challenged" an insight into how all the pieces are put together. Personally, I am more the visual type. So far, the few DM video tutorials that I have come across have been incredible helpful. Just my two cents of course.

Last edited:
Firstly, There wasn't much of a metronome. The washy sound that starts and ends the song is a Moog Lil Phatty plugged into a MidiMurf as shown in the video (not the same settings). The louder doubled guitar part is that same red Fender in the video that I had customized to make the pickups go out of phase (i made the tone knob a phase knob and put the tone on a switch). Me and the 2 guys in the video simply did 3 drum parts to the "metronome" and put the parts on top. I remember the guys didn't want to sing on the track. (The song was actually a training excercise to teach these guys how to be studio engineers - although they are very talented artists in their own right).
The BAE pre saturation was a little high as We tracked the song with the pre's output only on half. Causing us to dial up the gain.

Be brave gentlemen!
This mixer can do ANYTHING!!!

Reactions: Peter Batah
The music sounds awesome!! I’d buy it, and listen to it as a regular in my collection!

I agree, awesome track. But how does this relate to the thread?

Please next time use the section in the forum for critiques and reviews of productions. Postings for review are encouraged as well as production techniques. Thanks.

So I'm rebooting this thread. My DM is core to my setup. I plug everything into it and use it as a big digital audio switch. The added benefit is it records 96K right into my DAW. I've still not found anything similar, esp. at the price. I even have a few extras for parts and I still come out ahead.

Any other options or boards you folk may have transitioned to?

Last I looked the best thing I could find was the antelope goliath paired with the Tascam US2400

New threads

Members online

No members online now.