Best way to get live sound out to iMac from DP-008EX?

mrstangblb

Gear owned
DP-008EX
I have had my DP-008EX for quite a while but have never had the chance to use it till now. I would really like to know if it's possible to get live sound out to my 2017 iMac with USB and Thunderbolt? We are in the process of fine tuning our church's webcast, and rather than use the sound from our iMac's mic we'd like to take live sound in, probably from our digital sound board, and I'd like to see if there's any way to use the DP-008EX as a sound interface.

From what I can tell the USB interface is only for recorded data since it acts as a flash drive when plugged in. I'd like to see how to use it without recording anything and to get sound in live.

Thanks to you guys for ANY help you can give me. Thanks so much! I'm trying to see if we don't have to buy any additional audio interface, but I'm afraid that's what going to be necessary.

AFAIK, this recorder has no audio interface functionality, and I can't find any hint of it on the Tascam site, so it looks like it can't do what you want.

Reactions: mrstangblb
I thought that was probably the case. I can't find anything, either. Thanks very much!

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.