Brandnew Tascam Model 12 launches up in factory Test Mode

st0nker12

Gear owned
Model 12
.... and there doesnt seem to be any way to get out of this mode!

Hi all,

I recently ordered a tascam Model 12 that upon first time booting goes straight into the presumed test mode - no matter what I tried. There doesnt seem to be a way to boot it up normally. I tried contacting the shop I orderd from and Tascam Europe itself, but no luck so far. Anyone has an idea how to get out of this mode?

Thanks in advance, looking forward to learn from this community!

Hi
And welcome to the forum.
About your problem - and I’m just thinking out loud here - could there be some kind of ”update” file or something on the SD-card, that is triggering this weird behaviour?
Could you remove the card and see if boots?

Thanks for you prompt message - and thanks for thinking out loud.
Unfortunatly, this behavoir happend literary straight out of the (brandnew) box, without even touching the SD card slot. Since then I tested it both with and without a card!

See a screenshot here https://ibb.co/LkG3S0P

Here’s another thought …
These types of machines usually have these built in test modes that can be accessed by pressing buttons in a particular (secret) order OR - sometimes - by holding one or two buttons depressed while turning the machine on.
Could it be that there are one or two buttons ”stuck” in a depressed state?
While turned off, can you check so that all buttons have a normal function, ie are able feel that there’s a ”click” from them?

Other than that, my guess is that only Tascam can help you going forward.

Sorry to hear of your troubles Logrinn, no idea if this could be of any help but I just updated the firmware of my model12 and if you power-on holding down the play and rewind buttons it should enter the 'update mode.'

@Tony Friel -- I had the same thought having just updated mine, I wonder if going through the firmware update procedure would give the unit a fresh start -- maybe the firmware on it got corrupted somehow.

New threads

Members online