SkywaveTDR

Soundaholic
From
Chicago area
Website
s609729863.onlinehome.us
Gear owned
Teac, Tascam, Sony
Once I was talking with a Teac manager as we watched a new technician on the bench. I said what do you think of the new guy? He said new technician remind me of bull in china shop. That caused me to break out laughing as most the time these Japanese guys are all serious.
Well I am here to notify those that work on their own equipment and those that fix others that the degree of good technicians to Bulls is getting much worse in the Bulls direction. Probably the cause is the dumbing down of America.
I get units in that they blow out all the control transistors, they drill holes in the relays on a power supply board, one guy on E bay replaces all the Electrolytics on a Pioneer RT909 reel deck for $750 and breaks foils on the board doing it and never fixes them- does he check the deck at the end NO as most of them do not work. This guy gets the prize bonehead award. All this and a 3 year warranty- HA.
What I am saying is that if you want your deck to cost less then DON'T take it to a bonehead local shop first as even if they do not charge you money as they can not fix it they will do lots of damage that then you will need to pay for like drilling into relays. Stupidity abounds at local shops.

Reactions: gavin a keable
Another shop had a unit that they could not fix. Why were all these 2000 ohm pots open? I have not seen that before but maybe they were exposed to some kind of cleaner that destroyed the metal to carbon interface. These 2K trimmers all read infinite end to end and would not pass a signal. I am well stocked in Bourns Cermet trimmers that are much better. Missing parts, wrong screws and this is par for the course with local shops. On deck I had here had water damage to it as it sat in some shop for a long time. Corrosion and rust in three meters kind of gave it away. This was a Tascam 38. Works now but what these clowns do to a machine is ridiculous and they charge money for it.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.