Can I disable the Output level indicators? (Main out meters)

Badabingbong

Gear owned
Model 12
Very bright and distracting when I don't need them. (Which is probably 99% of the time atm )

I don't recall there being a software option, but maybe some masking tape would do the job?

I know some folks stick an 'O' ring onto the main circular control knob on the Roland TR-8S, as it flashes with the tempo and they find it distracting.

Yep - I usually use black paper cutouts and sticky tack to cover up distracting lights :)

you can buy blackout tape, I just sandwich a piece of black cardboard or paper between two layers of sticky tape. I'm talking to YOU, MarkBass' little blue light of death !

Reactions: Arjan P
Ha! Everyone I know that owns a Markbass amp has done something or other against the bright blue light. What were they thinking!?

I don't know about those amps - I'm picturing something like those laser-pointers that are a menace to aircraft, maybe? - but Roland certainly has form in this area. As well as the TR-8S, they also saw fit to have the JD-Xi synth turn itself into a small plastic disco lightshow when it's been left unattended for a few minutes. It does make the instrument seem quite attention-seeking! Luckily there's a software setting to disable it though.

aJQuMG6.png

Reactions: Stew71 and BazzBass

New threads

Members online

No members online now.