Can I use a US 2x2 HR and a 16x08 at the same time?

Sacco_Belmonte

Gear owned
Tascam 16x08
I don't need them to sync or aggregate.

I just want them both as independent interfaces.

I use one small interface (right now a Presonus iTwo) for system sound and a Pro interface for ASIO. (now a 16x08, previously two Firestudio Project units)

The reason is, I work a lot for software developers and I use my small interface to record the big interface via its Line inputs. Only a few interfaces can do good "system and ASIO" at the same time so I decided that route is way better for me, gives me no frills with OBS when I screen capture using my DAW in ASIO mode. Also, I do use the extra MIDI ports.

So, my iTwo's main outs are rather quiet and I have some time feeling is not the best quality unit and now that I have tried my 16x08 unit I would like to match it with a US 2x2 HR

Is it possible to get them working alongside since they are different models?

Last edited:
Anyway, I ordered it, will see. I think is gonna work as they're completely different units.

Installation went smooth, both the 16x08 and the 2x2 HR are recognized properly. No issues so far. Will update once I test sound.

Update. They work wonderfully together.

The 2x2HR input (balanced line) need to be at zero amplification and the 16x08 Master volume (in the mixer) needs to be -6dB for them to be calibrated. (so OBS's record level looks calibrated)

Both outputs absolutely noise free while playing nothing and maxing the volume from my monitorstation V2 to my Genelec 8040A

Last edited:
BTW System is 5900X / 64GB RAM / 3090

The 2x2HR is hooked to a powered hub sharing other 20 devices. No frills at 48kHz

New threads

Members online